Episode 14 is with Lisa Gormley (LLC), MA, LPC.
Lisa provides beautiful insights into what it’s like on the other side of the counseling session, to be the counselor. She has some excellent thoughts on what it means to honor your healthcare license while practicing ethically and as an authentic Catholic. You can listen online here, or on your favorite podcast streaming service.
We chat about:
- Complicity and scrupulosity versus being present to another and approaching with a listening ear first.
- Motherhood and mental health in pregnancy and post-partum period
- Integrating therapy and Catholicism
- The “pray it away” culture and the damaging implications of that.
We reference/check out:
- Lisa’s public Instagram profile @TheCatholicTherapist, and http://www.thecatholictherapist.org
- Lisa’s Instagram group @catholiccliniciansnetworking- join for a community of healthcare professionals!
- Lisa’s podcast, Mission Mind & Heart
- The Reed of God by Caryll Houselander
- The Catholic Guide to Depression by Dr. Aaron Kheriaty
- Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly
I hope you enjoy!
** The views expressed in this podcast by myself and my guests are our own and do not represent those of our employers. This podcast is not intended to be a substitute for medical care. Please see your healthcare provider for any medical needs. This podcast is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please see your healthcare provider for any healthcare needs.**